What exactly is ‘The Tees’ and ‘The Tees Online’?
‘The Tees’ is a community-run project that aims to connect and empower communities throughout the Tees area. We are a collective of people who realise that this area has many incredible assets, but that it’s not without its problems. We feel that the best way to achieve the full potential of the Tees is for us to stand together, united, to lift each other up and to take pride in ourselves and each other.
Our long term goal is to help build an ecosystem of creators, makers, mutual aid and action that is built on economic and social solidarity. We envisage the Tees as a place where everyone has a voice, feels valued and has a part to play.
‘The Tees Online’ is the flagship project of ‘The Tees’. It’s our collective digital community, which comprises a website that houses articles and other content curated by our local contributors, as well as our social media channels.
In its essence, ‘The Tees Online’ is a community-owned and community-run media outlet. Through our collective platform, we aim to champion the best of our area whilst taking action on the aspects that need improvement.
- To provide all people throughout the Tees with a sense of identity, value and purpose.
- To celebrate and champion the good, whilst taking action on the bad.
- We aim to empower local people to take action around local issues and concerns.
- Build networks through providing a platform for diverse voices to be heard
- Challenge the dominant hierarchical culture and power structures that exist within the Tees region